Sustainability is our business! From its headquarters in Lummen (Belgium) ABO Global trades a portfolio of by-products and waste streams from the steel industry on the international markets. Our continuous goal is to search for innovative and more optimal solutions to valorise them as raw materials. Due to our continuous growth and drive for professional excellence, we wish to expand our dynamic team with a:
- Our innovation team is continuously looking for optimal solutions for the valorisation of waste streams to replace primary raw materials in various industrial processes (steel industry, foundries, cement industry, etc…). As a member of this team, you guide and support technical projects and studies in the field of recycling in the metallurgical sector. You will deepen your understanding of industrial processes through desktop study, attending conferences, through the internal knowledge of (the network of) colleagues, etc.
- You are constantly looking for new business opportunities, building on the knowledge and broad portfolio already present within ABO. You make realistic links between theoretical ideas and the operational reality of industrial applications, and this cross-industry.
- You will help develop and implement the short- and long-term innovation strategy.
- You support the team of commercial managers in the analytical and technical aspects of new material streams.
- You keep up-to-date with the evolutions regarding recycling, sustainability, circularity within the metallurgical and related sectors.
- You report at appropriate times in writing and orally on the progress of the projects/cases you are handling.
Geographically, the business is global with a strong focus on Europe. The office where you will be working is located in Lummen.
- You have a relevant technical master degree (materials science, chemistry, …) and at least 5 years of experience in a similar management role.
- A strong knowledge of the metallurgical sector, materials assessment, recycling, processes and technology is a must.
- You are strong in planning and organisation, and you work in a structured way.
- You are communicative and to the point in both oral and written communication.
- Strong level of the English language is a must. Knowledge of German/French/Dutch is a plus.
- You are driven by positive results and enjoy the challenge of finding solutions for difficult material streams. You overcome obstacles with a positive spirit.
- You are a passionate team player and are willing to carry out tasks or participate in projects that fall outside the strict job description.
- You get the chance to contribute to an ambitious growth story;
- You will be working in a fun, dynamic, internationally oriented environment;
- You will find yourself in an environment where talent gets every opportunity to grow; in addition to the daily guidance and support from the internal Innovation team, attending relevant training courses and conferences is encouraged.
- You can count on a personalised remuneration in line with the market, depending on your profile.
Send your CV and motivational letter by email to email@example.com
Then send your resume with cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Bart Jacobs by phone at 0478/50.08.04.