Sustainability is our business! From its headquarters in Lummen (Belgium) ABO Global trades a portfolio of by-products and waste streams from the steel industry on the international markets. Our continuous goal is to search for innovative and more optimal solutions to valorise them as raw materials. Due to our continuous growth and drive for professional excellence, we wish to expand our dynamic team.
Material and process knowledge is key within Abo. Based on the profound technical knowledge of our innovation team we’re constantly looking for optimal solutions to reuse difficult materials and waste streams in different industries and applications. As an important member of the innovation team, the Secondary Materials Specialist Concrete & Cement expands our knowledge on the reuse of secondary materials as alternative cementitious or feedstock material for the cement or construction industry.
- You search for optimal solutions for the valorization of complex waste streams as alternative raw materials in cement or concrete applications;
- You manage and support technical projects, case studies and business opportunities on different subjects related to the construction sector;
- You will deepen your understanding of related processes and products through desktop study, attending conferences, the internal knowledge of colleagues, etc..
- You are constantly looking for new business opportunities, building on the knowledge and broad portfolio already present within ABO. You make realistic links between theoretical ideas and the operational reality of industrial applications, and this cross-industry.
- You report at appropriate times in writing and orally on the progress of the projects/cases you are handling.
- You will help develop and implement the short- and long-term innovation strategy, related to this specific business segment.
- You support the team of commercial managers in the analytical and technical aspects of related business cases.
- You keep up-to-date with the evolutions regarding recycling, sustainability, circularity within the cement and construction sector.
Geographically, the business is global with a strong focus on Europe. The office where you will be working is located in Lummen.
- You have a relevant technical master degree (materials science, chemistry, concrete specialist …) and at least 5 years of experience in a similar management role.
- A strong knowledge of the cement and construction sector is a must.
- You are strong in planning and organization, and you work in a structured way.
- You are communicative and to the point in both oral and written communication.
- Strong level of the English language is a must. Knowledge of German/French/Dutch is a plus.
- You are driven by positive results and enjoy the challenge of finding solutions for difficult material streams. You overcome obstacles with a positive spirit.
- You are a passionate team player and are willing to carry out tasks or participate in projects that fall outside the strict job description.
- You get the chance to contribute to an ambitious growth story;
- You will be working in a fun, dynamic, internationally oriented environment;
- You will find yourself in an environment where talent gets every opportunity to grow; in addition to the daily guidance and support from the internal Innovation team, attending relevant training courses and conferences is encouraged.
- You can count on a personalized remuneration in line with the market, depending on your profile.