ABO Global processes and transports bulk commodities via ship, container and tipper trailers by road. Mechanical operations consist mainly of screening and mixing of material. These operations are performed by external subcontractors. We also work with external transport companies for transportation. On a monthly basis, we move an average of 50,000 tons via approximately 1,750 freight movements. This translates into many stuffing, loading and unloading operations.
- As Operations & Quality Supervisor, you work closely with the commercial and logistics team to manage the operational flow of materials and ensure quality aspects;
- You prepare and organize operational processes on materials and manage their correct and qualitative execution. If necessary, you hire external material or teams for this;
- You are present at loading and unloading operations of trucks, containers or ships. This both at home and abroad. You check the quality of the materials and intervene appropriately when abnormalities or problems are detected;
- You perform stock checks and sampling collections;
- You communicate with the relevant internal stakeholders.
- You report to the Operations & Innovation Director.
Our main stockyard is located in Ghent. Your activities will mainly take place in there. On a regular basis you will visit our stockyard in Nord France and work in our office in Lummen. On a monthly basis you will carry out loading and unloading operations abroad.
- You have a degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent through experience;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a technical or operational environment;
- You are a passionate team player who is driven to generate results;
- Experience in the metallurgical and/or recycling sector is a strong asset.
- Experience in a quality control function is a plus.
- You have a hands-on mentality and are able to carry out tasks with the necessary sense of urgency and ownership.
- You have a sense of leadership and know-how to intervene appropriately in operations.
- You work smoothly and constructively with the various colleagues.
- You communicate fluently and have the necessary skills to report concisely and clearly;
- You are very mobile and flexible, frequent short term foreign assignments are no problem.
- You are fluent in English or Dutch; French, German or other languages are a plus.
- You get the chance to contribute to an ambitious growth story;
- You will be working in a fun, dynamic, internationally-oriented environment;
- You will be working in an environment where talent is given every opportunity to grow;
- You can count on a personalised remuneration in line with the market, depending on your profile.
Then send your resume with cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Bart Jacobs by phone at 0478/50.08.04.