Sustainability is our business! From its headquarters in Lummen (Belgium) ABO Global trades a portfolio of by-products and waste streams from the steel industry on the international markets. Our continuous goal is to search for innovative and more optimal solutions to valorise them as raw materials. Due to our continuous growth and drive for professional excellence, we wish to expand our dynamic team.
After a step by step and thorough internal training of about 2 years you will manage your own portfolio of customers and suppliers. You get the opportunity to work in a dynamic and international environment and develop your competences in a broad range of fields: purchase, sales, logistics, international trade, risk management, financial administration and cost controlling. The management of your own portfolio from A to Z makes your job very exciting and versatile. The ABO environment gives you all the support you need. We know the products, markets, global & local logistical solutions and we have the necessary financing capabilities. But most of all… you can rely on colleagues that make it work, every day again!
The training typically consists of:
- A period of 3-6 months in the different internal divisions: deal management, logistics, accounting and controlling;
- An extensive cooperation with the product and innovation department in order to get a good understanding of the production processes and an in depth product knowledge;
- Take up the role of commercial assistant for a period of more or less 1 year during which you work closely together with the commercial team.
Geographically, the business is global with a strong focus on Europe. The office where you will be working is located in Lummen.
- You have a master degree, preferably in international trade, economics or logistics;
- A first experience in a commercial role, a function in logistics or in an international environment is a plus;
- You take initiative and are result-driven. You can organise your work well;
- You like to establish and sustain personal contacts and turn them into long term relationships;
- As you will work in an international environment, good language skills are important. Fluent in English is key, good knowledge of French, German or another language is a plus;
- You are a strong communicator (internally and externally) and are not afraid of daily telephone contact with your most important partners;
- You are flexible (min. 20% travel) and open to different cultures;
- You are a real team-player and willing to work in a flat business structure;
- With your hands-on mentality you take opportunities and get things done.
- You get the chance to contribute to an ambitious growth story;
- You will be working in a fun, dynamic, internationally-oriented environment;
- You will be working in an environment where talent is given every opportunity to grow;
- You can count on a personalised remuneration in line with the market, depending on your profile.
Then send your resume with cover letter by email to email@example.com
For more information, please contact Bart Jacobs by phone at 0478/50.08.04.