Sustainability is our business! From its headquarters in Lummen (Belgium) ABO Global trades a portfolio of by-products and waste streams from the steel industry on the international markets. Our continuous goal is to search for innovative and more optimal solutions to valorise them as raw materials. Due to our continuous growth and drive for professional excellence, we wish to expand our dynamic team.
Within ABO we are evolving towards a matrix organisation. The commercial, the innovation and the support teams all report to their respectively functional director. Business units are structured around different product lines: By-products, Scrap and Minerals. Each with their own strategy and approach. Within the Business Unit Minerals we find optimal solutions to reuse mineral and negative valued waste streams in different industries and applications. The construction, concrete and cement industry play an important role.
As Business Unit Manager Minerals you:
- are part of the management team and report directly to the CEO;
- prepare the strategy and business plan of the BU in close cooperation with the commercial and innovation team and in line with the overall strategy and business plan;
- monitor the team’s performance in achieving the defined goals for new and existing business;
- work closely together with innovation and commercial team to find new applications and potential customers for difficult waste and material streams;
- maintain close relationships with key suppliers, customers and prospects;
- participate in management reviews of the business units overall performance.
- support the team in the development of key product and process knowledge;
- facilitate cross-functional teamwork including open communication and continuous improvement.
- You have a relevant technical master degree (materials science, chemistry, concrete specialist …) and at least 5 years of leadership experience in managing a team;
- A strong knowledge of the cement and construction or concrete sector is a must;
- You have a commercial mindset and have experience in deal negotiation;
- You take initiative and are result-driven. You can organise your work well;
- You are communicative and to the point in both oral and written communication;
- Strong level of the English language and at least German or French is a must. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus;
- You are a passionate team player with a positive attitude;
- You like to establish and sustain personal contacts and turn them into long term relationships;
- You are flexible (min. 20% travel) and open to different cultures
- With your hands-on mentality you take opportunities and get things done.
- You get the chance to contribute to an ambitious growth story;
- You will be working in a fun, dynamic, internationally-oriented environment;
- You will be working in an environment where talent is given every opportunity to grow;
- You can count on a personalised remuneration in line with the market, depending on your profile.